What does it mean to have the exclusive rights to one of these toll-free vanity numbers?
This means that all calls made to your 800 vanity phone number in the area code(s) you license will ring directly to YOU! Once you decide on the area code you’d like to license, our robust, leading-edge technology takes care of the rest.
For example: if your funeral / cremation firm is in New York City and you decide on licensing for the 212 area code (the main area code for Manhattan), anyone who calls 1-800-CREMATE® from the 212 area code will be directly routed to YOU.
Do I need a new phone line or any new equipment?
No, our technology automatically and directly routes all calls to your existing phone number in a matter of nanoseconds. The callers are not aware of the re-routing. All they have to do is dial 1-800-CREMATE® (or another funeral-specific vanity number) and you answer in the same manner as you always do with your funeral home name— it’s that simple!
Can I get the exclusive rights to an 800 number in more than one area code?
Yes, first check for availability. If your area code is available, you can get the exclusive rights to as many area codes as you wish. Reduced pricing is available for multiple area codes.
Can I have my 800 number ring to different phone numbers?
Yes, your 800 number can route to 2 different numbers. There are multiple options for this:
- Based on hours of operation — i.e. during business hours all calls ring to your office, but after business hours all calls ring to your cell phone.
- Set a primary and a secondary number — i.e. all calls first route to your primary phone number, but if the call doesn’t get answered after 4-5 rings, it will be transferred to the secondary phone number.
- If you use an answering service afterhours — no re-routing is necessary since that 800 number is already connected to your main number.
- If you have a forwarding scenario that you feel is unique – ASK US. We can likely accommodate your needs.
- Note: the system cannot ring 2 phones at one time.
What other benefits will I get from becoming a member of 1-800-CREMATE® “The Cremation Network®”?
- Market exclusivity of the most powerful, memorable and effective marketing tool developed especially for the funeral and cremation industry. Marketing vanity phone numbers are very catchy and it differentiates you from the competition that all look the same. This could be presented in a fresh way that crosses multiple generations – which is so important.
- Increased sales — all calls to your 800 number from the area code you license will go directly to YOU!
- Buying discounts — Even though we are in our infancy in establishing the Network, we anticipate our Network members being eligible for buying discounts from a growing number of vendors in the industry.
- Complete rights to display your vanity number on all of your marketing and printed materials, website or however you wish to promote it.
How do I monitor my calls to make sure everything is routing properly?
When you purchase the exclusive rights to use our 800 number(s), you have the capability of monitoring your incoming calls through your unique and private portal. With your login username and password, you are able to track the time, date and length of each call, along with the caller’s telephone number, city, state and you can even listen to a playback of the phone conversation (recording of phone call / retention of recording) as well as other metrics. This is especially useful when you’ve done some specific advertising and you want to see if you’re getting a good response or for further training of your staff when fielding these types of calls. This program has numerous metric capabilities so special requests are almost endless- so if you have an idea and want to measure it, just call us to discuss.
What if my area code covers a huge territory or the entire state and I cannot physically cover it?
The great thing about technology is that we can customize a territory and add another member if needed to cover particular portion(s) of that area code. You know your market better than anyone.
For example, let’s look at New Mexico which has only one area code. Let’s assume a Network Member in the northern half of the state can cover that portion, but not the southern half. With the existing Member’s concern brought to our attention, and with their consent, we can add a member to serve the southern half of the state. We can even divide into quadrants, by zip code, etc. – whatever the situation is we can problem-solve it as needed. The magic is in the programming.
Since your services are based on area code, what about the people who relocate from elsewhere and they keep their existing phone as their main phone number which is another area code?
Excellent question! Let’s say a family travels to Miami, Florida from California. They have their California mobile phone number as their main point of contact. The mechanics for 1-800-CREMATE® is so sophisticated, that it recognizes the California number and requests/prompts the caller to enter a zip code where they need service. A prompt stating “Thank you for calling 1-800-CREMATE® – in order to provide you with the best service and immediate representative, please share your zip code. If you do not know the zip code – please hold and we will route your call immediately. This scenario is the only exception regarding the caller being asked for prompts. Again, it’s all in the programming so the caller can have the best customer experience possible.
What are the fees?
Other than the monthly fee, there are no additional fees or taxes. For one low monthly fee, you can have the exclusive rights to one (or more) of our 800 number(s). Our introductory monthly fee begins as low as $99 (plus tax where applicable) for a U.S. area code. If you are purchasing numerous area codes, volume discounts will be applied.
Should you have unique wants and needs, we can accommodate almost any need with this robust-powered platform. However, there could be a one-time surcharge for in-depth programming. We would know this up front after speaking with the programmer for guidance. This will be discussed on a case-by-case basis after learning about your specific circumstance. Again, the magic is in the programming.
My market is a major urban city surrounded by numerous smaller cities. In fact, my market is made up of four area codes. Do I have to pay full price for multiple area codes to cover my market?
No. If marketing in three or more area codes, proportionate discounts are given. In this scenario, the Member pays the first initial monthly fee at the regular price of $99, and the 3 additional area codes are at a reduced fee of $89 each. Therefore, the total monthly fee for this Member is $366 to cover this heavily populated market.
Am I allowed to advertise the 1-800-CREMATE® number?
Yes! We encourage all Network Members to put the 800 number on all their websites, marketing and promotion materials, etc. Having a constantly visible “memorable phone number” means having constant exposure to the public and the perfect way to let client families know who to call and how they can contact you when they need a funeral or cremation provider most! It’s Top of Mind Awareness using the most unique phone number(s) available to our industry! They may not remember your firm’s name or phone number, but they will remember 1-800-CREMATE®!
Network Members can possibly benefit from other Members’ advertising efforts. Let’s say an individual is traveling through Dallas and sees a billboard ad showing 1-800-CREMATE® — the individual gets back home in Oklahoma City and learns of a family member’s passing. He remembers seeing the billboard with 1-800-CREMATE® and calls it. The Network Member in Oklahoma City that holds the licensing for area code #405 gets the death call since the caller is calling from area code #405 in Oklahoma City. It’s called networking!
We are here to help you market your number!
- All Network Members have access to the “Member’s Only” section on the website which will provide insight to what other Members are doing to market their 800 number(s) and stand out in their respective markets and participate in the Blog section and ask questions to other Members.
- In addition, our staff is always available to serve as a resource to you and your business. We can provide assistance, advise or insight on marketing strategies.
- Please share your success stories with our Members. After all, we are all in this to succeed together!
Is there a contract involved?
We have a 12-month agreement. After 12 months, the agreement automatically renews unless you decide to not renew our services.
I’m ready to sign-up. What do I have to do to secure the rights to the 1-800-CREMATE® or another vanity number in my area code(s)?
Great Choice! CLICK HERE to check our introductory pricing and availability or text or call Brent at 254-230-5367.
Welcome to the 1-800-CREMATE® “The Cremation Network®” Family! We are certain that your membership will help you increase sales and profits.
-Brent H. Shehorn, CFSP